Date Change for Astro Masters to April 8th & 9th – check out our Facebook page for details – more time to prepare and let’s the biggest Winter Championships EVER close out in style 🙂
ENTRY FORM and PayPal Pre-Pay instructions now available for download on our Facebook Page – CLICK HERE
Hello and welcome to what we hope will be a good weekend’s racing and a bit of fun on and off the track!
A reminder of how our track runs (CLICK HERE for New clubhouse video) or (CLICK HERE for Old clubhouse video) – but I think the layout will be a little different!! for this event – thanks for fantastic videos Greg.
Astro Masters timetable
(We will be running – format depends on numbers but at minimum Open Practice Saturday morning with Heats pm and more Heats & Finals Sunday – BBQ Saturday eve.)
Limited Camping On-Site with facilities so let me know so I can plan pitches!!
Don’t forget to download your entry forms as soon as they are posted (watch this space) and you can pay on-line (thanks to those who have already done this – great to see the enthusiasm building). Read below for more details and keep an eye on this web site and the Facebook page as this is just a quick preview of what’s to come.
Thanks for all the interest and due to popular demand (lots of lads working on Saturday) then you can race Sunday only but we need to know that in advance for marshall planning on Saturday?
This is a 2 day event so plan your weekend around it – check out the accommodation around Navan from our web site.
A lot of work being done on and around the track over the last year so thanks to all the lads (and lassies) who have put in the hours.
OK here is the first draft of what we are looking at;
Important Note –
– This is planned as a fun weekend for all levels of driver from beginner to pro
– Limited Handout PTs available for new drivers who want to to see their results – must be pre-booked!
– Tyres are the drivers choice to keep it all simple
– Rules and final decisions by NNN Race director on the day
– 1:8 electric & nitro heats 7 minutes
– 1:8 electric final 15 minutes
– 1:8 nitro finals A 51 mins, B 20 mins, C+ 15 mins
- Considering Open practice for anyone who wants to make a complete weekend out of it – arranged in advance with club – to be confirmed based on level of interest?
– Gates open 8.30am (may change to keep watching)
– Briefing 9.00-9.15am
– Practice starts 9.30am to 11.15am in heat order. Marshal after your heat. Heat 9 to Marshall heat 1.
– 11.30am Start of 3 x qualifying heats
– final timetable & number rounds depends on numbers (still receiving requests / changes 😁)
– Finish by 6pm
– Free BBQ for all racers trackside (yep Carel is back with his kettle BBQ!)
– Gates open 8.30 (may change so keep watching)
– 2 x qualifying heats starts 10.00am
– Finals start by 1pm (all going well!)
– Presentations and away home 6pm
– For Heats – marshall after you run
– For Finals – nitro marshals nitro final after your run
– Electric buggies same format if possible (finalise closer to event depending on entries per class)
Entry Forms & Any questions
– Payment by cash on the day or via
– PayPal (Send Money) to email@example.com
– Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and/or completed entry form
– Limited Camping On-Site with facilities so let me know so I can plan pitches!!
THE ASTRO MASTERS 2016 – it was the event to bring 1:10 & 1:8 together but this years it’s 1:8 only and we’ll consider a special 1:10 weekend if can get the numbers :-).
Get ready for a 2 day driving experience with a bit of fun on & off the track.
Download entry forms from Face Book Page – link to 2017 Entry Forms to be posted here – see link below 🙂