Hello, welcome and a major THANK YOU to the drivers who travelled to Navan to make the first Astro Masters such a huge success. We had a lot of events to compete with but we pushed ahead and put on 2 full days of seriously competative racing for all levels and based on people’s feedback I think everyone enjoyed themselves. We were blessed with the good weather and thankfully we didnt listen to the weather forecast.
The plan had been – “a good weekend’s racing and a bit of fun on and off the track!” – I think we managed that.
Thanks to all the people who spent long hours on the track getting it ready – from weeding to painting to new layout. On the weekend the food, drink and BBQ ended a great days racing on Saturday and 3 qualifying rounds and Sunday started with wheel barrows (literally!) of standing water being removed before the track dried out and remaining 2 rounds and finals brought us through to a presentation a few bottles of bubbly.
Cheers to all and see you all next year. Full results will be posted over next few days and photos as soon as I receive them.
Hello and welcome to what we hope will be a good weekend’s racing and a bit of fun on and off the track!
A reminder of how our track runs (CLICK HERE for New clubhouse video) or (CLICK HERE for Old clubhouse video) – but I think the layout will be a little different!! for this event – thanks for fantastic videos Greg.
Astro Masters timetable
(We will be running – format depends on numbers but at minimum Open Practice Saturday morning with Heats pm and more Heats & Finals Sunday – BBQ Saturday eve.)
Limited Camping On-Site with facilities so let me know so I can plan pitches!!
Friday night (Optional for anyone staying around Friday night – just contract us to arrange)
We’ll be @ track 7pm – 9pm
(MDL open from 8.30am with access to track & trackside (club house will only open at 6.30pm))
Thanks for all the interest and due to popular demand (lots of lads working on Saturday) then you can race Sunday only but we need to know that in advance for marshall planning on Saturday?
– Sunday only fee will be slightly reduced to €20 (and a cup of tea) or £15
A lot of work being done on and around the track over last few weeks so thanks to all the lads (and lassies) who have put in the hours. Expect some surprises as our new track designer is unleashed (even the Boss is taking a back seat on this one!)
OK here is what we are looking at;
Important Note –
– This is planned as a fun weekend for all levels of driver from beginner to pro
– Handout PTs available for new drivers who want to to see their results!
– Tyres are the drivers choice to keep it all simple
– Rules and final decisions by NNN Race director on the day
– 1:10 electric heats & finals 5 minutes
– 1:8 electric & nitro heats 7 minutes
– 1:8 electric final 15 minutes
– 1:8 nitro finals A 30mins, B 20mins, C+ 15mins
– Gates open 8.30am
– Briefing 9am
– Practice starts 9.30am to 11.30am
– 3 x qualifying heats
(final timetable & number rounds depends on numbers – will post mid week)
– Fun race/finals
– Finish by 6pm
– Free BBQ for all racers trackside (yep Carel is back with his kettle BBQ!)
– Gates open 8.30am
– 1 x practice heat starts 9am
– 2 x qualifying heats starts 10.00am
– Lunch break when heats finish!
– Vintage 1:10 race – 10minute duration (numbers dependent)
– Finals start by 1pm (all going well!)
– Presentation and away home by 6pm
– For Heats – marshall after you run
– For Finals – nitro marshals nitro final after your run
– Electric buggies same format if possible (finalise closer to event depending on entries per class)
Entry Forms & Any questions
– Payment by cash on the day or via
– PayPal (Send Money) to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Email email@example.com with questions and/or completed entry forms
– Limited Camping On-Site with facilities so let me know so I can plan pitches!!
THE ASTRO MASTERS 2014 – it’s the event to bring 1:10 & 1:8 together for a 2 day driving experience with a bit of fun on & off the track.
Download entry forms (Astro Masters Entry Form 2014)