Lads sorry but no choice but to cancel again tomorrow and reschedule for next Sunday the 19th December. It will be our last chance to run a final round in 2010 and if the weather forecast is correct then we’ll have additional thawing until at least next Thursday and lets’ pray for no more snow!.
Here’s a few photo’s from today and the new problem is the water that’s building up in all the low areas on the track as the snow melts. About 60% of the depth had melted by this morning but still a mountain of snow on the track and no where to put it!!!. Snow is still frozen to all tabletops but ground level snow was easy to remove but there’s tons of it and even if we cleared it (needing 10 to 20 people with proper shovels which we couldn’t buy anywhere!) then the track would still be too wet to race.
Thanks to Frank, Adrian, Vytautas who made the journeys to the track this week to check it out and do some initial clearing but when Adrian and myself were there today the only decision was to cancel. I also looked at an indoor paintball facility but we’d have to do a ton of clearing up (moving some serious obsticals) – erectring a podium, laying a track, fitting a loop etc. etc. etc. before tomorrow to again a no go. Might consider it for future use but we’d have to book and pay for the facility and not sure we could affoard it!.
Also gave our friends in DMCC a call to see if we could run a few nitro rounds with their electrics tomorrow but their lease doesn’t allow petrol or nitro buggies so another dead end!.
We have tried and no one could have predicted this recent weather so enjoy another day off………